THE SILENT KILLER – DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN
IN YOUR HOME OR TO YOUR FAMILY!
A few things:
Carbon Monoxide is Odorless, Colourless and Tasteless
- The Law came into effect in Ontario to have Carbon Monoxide Alarms in Houses on April 14, 2015
- Have your Gas Furnace/Stove and Chimney checked regularly, and make sure your Furnace Inspector has a ‘Gas Licence’, and your Chimney/Wood Burning Fireplace Inspector is WETT (Wood Energy Technology Transfer) Certified.
- If you are having Headaches, or your Pets are sleepy for no apparent reason, get your Home checked immediately.
- Change and/or update your Carbon Monoxide Detectors regularly and at least every 1-3 years so you are up-to-date with Standards, and should have a battery backup system
- Don’t leave cars running in the Garage, or use BBQ’s inside, and ensure when using gas powered equipment that they are in well ventilated areas.
- Make sure every level of your Home has a CO Alarm, along with every Bedroom and even in your Garage.
- Always have an escape plan for you and your Family and always be ready to dial 911 if you even suspect anything wrong – Remember the old saying “It’s better to be Safe than Sorry”!
Every Bedroom – Every Level and Garage should have a Carbon Monoxide Alarm installed
You can not smell it or see it, and that’s why the CO Alarms are so valuable to you and your family!
Keeping on top of these are the best way to prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.